It’s no secret that selling items online is one of the finest methods to reach more people, whether you’re searching for a side hustle or want to go all in on business.
Businesses may now reach a global audience because of the introduction and rapid development of this affordable technology. It has, however, resulted in fierce competition.
E-commerce has been around for a long time and has gained popularity in recent years, particularly in the Philippines. In light of the current coronavirus outbreak, online sales have exploded. The country’s online economy is expected to reach US$21 billion by 2025, according to estimates.
This degree of potential growth is thrilling, and you should take advantage of the enormous opportunity it presents to budding entrepreneurs. However, one of the first challenges you’ll face is deciding which things to sell online.
It’s recommended, like with any other company enterprise, that you pick a niche rather than trying to sell everything under the sun.
You’ll learn about the various types of products you can sell online in this article, including those that fit into the top e-commerce product categories: consumer electronics, fashion, and personal care.
How do you pick a product to sell on the internet?
Before you begin looking through the list of potential online products, you should be aware of the factors that may be used to assess their profitability. Aside from money, it helps to be informed about the products you’re trying to trade in order to give your business legitimacy.
When selecting a product to offer online, keep the following considerations in mind:
Personal interests and passions
If you’re going to sell something, it should be something you’re interested in. For example, if you’ve always enjoyed customizing action figures, you may convert your passion into a profitable hobby by selling your creations.
Customers like the one-of-a-kind copies of their favorite anime or cartoon character that you offer.
Demand on the market
Nobody starts a business without the expectation of making money. It’s only natural for you to think about market demand before making a purchase. After all, you can’t give someone something they don’t need or desire if they don’t need or want it.
You can do this by looking at current and previous trends and attempting to predict where they will go next. You can also look at what might happen in the future to get a head start on a trend. In relation to that…
Take advantage of current events.
You can also take advantage of current market trends by focusing on selling things that are popular right now. Face masks and other personal protection accouterments, for example, would be useful at the start of a pandemic.
However, because there will be a lot of other businesses vying for the same target market, you must ensure that you can provide additional value aside from the goods itself if you choose this route.
Identify market niches.
Niche segments are specific areas of the market where you can focus your efforts. They’re extremely detailed and can be divided into categories based on requirements, interests, and identities.
You can target plus-size ladies or those who prefer ethically sourced products in the women’s shoe sector, for example. You can promote yourself as a leader rather than merely a player once you’ve identified a niche market.
Consider things that individuals buy on a regular basis.
Because consumers run out of things on a frequent basis, evergreen products are always a fantastic option. Body care, beauty, and health products are examples.
Furthermore, these aren’t restricted by peak or off-seasons, allowing you to produce cash throughout the year.
Demand fluctuates with the seasons.
Of course, you may target seasonal commodities like flowers or chocolates, which often see a spike in sales around holidays like Mother’s Day or Valentine’s Day. You must still discover ways to outperform the competition throughout various times of the year, as many people are looking to take advantage of the seasonal offerings.
In the Philippines, the best products to sell online include
Now that you know the criteria for determining what to offer online, here’s a list of things to think about:
- Power Banks
- Power Banks
- Phone Cases
- Cables & Converters
- Wall Chargers
- Screen Protectors
- Cellphone Parts & Tools
- Phone Batteries
- Car/Bike Mounts
- Selfie Sticks
Desktop Computers & Peripherals
- USB Gadgets
- Power Cord & Adaptors
- Drawing Tools
- PC Audio
- Adapters & Cables
- Mouse Pads
- Cooling Pads / Cooling Stands
- Ink & Toners
Gaming Consoles & Accessories
- Cases and bags
- Screen Protectors
- Baby food
- Baby clothes and accessories
- Baby carriers
- Car Seats
- Baby Bouncers
- Baby Walkers
- Baby Playpens
- Kids’ Bags
- Baby toys
Baby skin care products
- Lotions & Creams
- Baby Powder
- Baby Cologne
- Baby Body Wash
- Baby Shampoo
- Towels & washcloths
- Action Cameras
- Security Cameras
- DSLR Cameras
- Mirrorless Cameras
- Tripods & Monopods
- Action Camera Accessories
- Battery Chargers
- Lighting & Studio Equipment
- Camera Cases, Covers and Bags
- Instant Camera Films
Where Can I Find Suppliers on the Internet?
So, you’ve determined the products you’d like to sell on the internet. You’re probably wondering where you can get your stuff now.
Of course, you can always buy products from a local vendor, but e-commerce sites are absolutely worth looking into.
E-commerce refers to the buying and selling of goods and services over the internet. E-commerce firms provide you with access to hundreds of suppliers and a large range of products. This implies you’ll have a lot of choices and can pick the supplier that best fits your requirements.
Here are some of the most popular e-commerce platforms:
- Because the products are sold and transported from China, they are inexpensive.
- On most things, you may obtain free shipping anywhere in the world.
- Because you order through the website, you don’t have to speak with the vendors directly. There will be no language barrier.
- AliExpress manages all shipment tracking and notifications, making it simple to keep track of your order.
- Some suppliers do not accurately represent their items. False advertising is widespread, particularly when things are in high demand.
- In these circumstances, the products fail to meet the customers’ expectations. The products do not appear to be as depicted in their stores, or the sizing is incorrect.
- Alibaba offers a large number of merchants and a diverse product offering.
- They have a great system for organizing products and categories so you can locate what you’re looking for easily. You can also quickly compare pricing.
- You can reach out to the vendors directly.
- It is inconvenient to conduct an on-site visit to inspect the products before making a purchase. You may obtain low-quality products, which is exacerbated by the fact that you must purchase products in bulk.
- It takes longer for the package to arrive.
- Many suppliers from all around the world are available, giving you a wide range of product options.
- SaleHoo does not accept retail orders, unlike AliExpress and other comparable sites. Their procedure is considerably more official, necessitating direct contact with vendors.
- This implies you’ll need to cultivate relationships and establish communication channels with other businesses.
- The things are reasonably priced. Lazada’s merchandise are significantly less expensive than those found in typical shopping centers.
- Lazada offers in-house shipping services. You are not required to organize your own shipping. You can also use Lazada’s storage facilities in China, Hong Kong, and Singapore for a reasonable fee.
- False advertising is a problem on Lazada, as it is on other online marketplaces.
- There are numerous special offers available, and many things are available at reduced costs.
- On Shopee, shipping for the first 5kg is free. For smaller items, this makes a difference.
- Shopee accepts a variety of payment methods, including credit/debit card payments and bank transfers. Cash on delivery is also available in the Philippines.
- Counterfeiting is a serious problem. Because Shopee does not vet third-party merchants and copyright infringers can re-register after being banned from the platform, you run the danger of purchasing counterfeit goods without realizing it.
- Oberlo offers a 30-day free trial and a free plan that can be used indefinitely.
- It is possible to integrate it with Shopify at the same time.
- It includes daily product synchronization.
- Oberlo is exclusively available for Shopify stores.
- Even when using the internal marketplace, you cannot import things from other platforms. AliExpress is the only place where you may do it.
- Oberlo bans various products, however the reasons for this are sometimes unclear in the Terms & Conditions.
- On ESources, there are many different suppliers, hence there are many different things to sell.
- Trade Pass is a platform feature that allows suppliers to access the website after passing a series of tests. As a result, a trade pass badge reflects the supplier’s genuineness.
- If you choose free membership, you must interact with suppliers, which is time consuming.
How to Run a Successful Online Business
Running an online business still necessitates a financial, time, and energy investment. In order to keep your brand sustainable, you must conduct market research, reach out to prospects, and track sales.
Here are some pointers to assist you manage your online store:
- Locate dependable vendors.
Your brand’s reputation is critical to your success as a business owner. Where you get your items is the most important component in your company’s success. You should look for dependable suppliers because the things they give can make or ruin your brand.
Always verify the quality of their products and customer service, particularly after-sales. What good is a low-cost supplier if they don’t follow through on their promises, such as shipping delays?
- Make sure you have a great customer service system in place.
You should also provide exceptional customer service on your end. Always remember to listen to your customers and maintain a solution-oriented approach.
Only when your products fail to meet their expectations do people criticize. You must ensure that you provide the services that you promised when you advertise your product to them.
- Use social media to promote your business.
Because it is cost-effective, social media is a terrific way to promote your business. It also allows you to be more specific about the types of customers you want to reach.
You can specify location and age perimeters on Facebook, for example, to determine how far your paid post should be visible. You may even make it so that anyone in the world can see your material.